Generic setup guide for setting up any SAML 2.0.
We have setup guides for many SAML 2.0 Identity Providers, but not all. This setup guide is for you that have a SAML 2.0 identity provider which is not on the guide list.
This setup starts in the Configuration page of the Kantega SSO add-on. This configuration page can be found by pressing "Configure" on "Kantega Single Sign-On (SSO)" in list of installed add-ons.
1: Click “Add SAML identity provider" and select “Any other SAML 2.0 Identity Provider”
This will take you into a setup wizard where you will find instructions and attribute values that are commonly needed in SAML 2.0 integrations. The setup wizard consists of six steps:
- Prepare: Provides attributes that are commonly needed by your Idp to enable the integration.
- Import: Here you can upload Ipd-metadata
- Location: Give your SAML integration a name and verify the SSO redirect URL
- Signature: Verify signing certificates
- Users: Specify whether users preexist in your Atlassian product or whether they should be created on first login.
- Summary: Verify and apply the setup.
Testing/configuring the identity provider
After finishing the wizard, you will be sent to the test pages for verification of your setup. Here, you may also perform the last configuration parts. Follow this generic introduction to the test pages and final configuration. AD FS is used as the example here.