This guide assumes you want to login to Jira with OpenID Connect (OIDC) and Azure Active Directory. If you're looking for SAML 2.0 or Kerberos, go here.
First follow these steps to configure AzureAD as an IDP.
- Sign in to Azure at https://portal.azure.com
- Navigate to Azure Aztive Directory by entering it into the search field.
- Click App registrations, then New registration.
- Fill out the Name field (e.g. "Kantega SSO OpenID Connect for Jira")
- Enter your Callback URL (e.g. YOUR_ATLASSIAN_URL/plugins/servlet/oidc/callback/) into the Redirect URI field.
- Click Register.
- Take note of the Application (client) ID.
- Take note of the Directory (tenant) ID.
- Click Certificates & secrets.
- Click New Client Secret. Enter a description (e.g. "Kantega SSO OpenID Connect for Jira") and click Add.
- Take note of the secret Value. This is your client secret.
You have now configured Azure AD. You also have the information required to configure Kantega SSO OpenID Connect.
- In your Atlassian instance, navigate to YOUR_ATLASSIAN_URL/plugins/servlet/com.kantegasso.kyashar/
- Click Add new identity provider.
- Click Azure AD.
- Enter any IDP Name.
- Enter the Application (client) ID, Directory (tenant) ID and Client Secret determined in the previous steps.
- Click Next.
- Proceed to follow the instructions on-screen.